I am delighted to introduce this natural & highly effective leather care brand, Sterling Essentials. Having searched for a long time to find a natural cleaning range I finally came across this lovely small company.
Based in the US, Teal from Sterling Essentials started making her own tack cleaner after her horse kept coming out in hives everytime she cleaned his tack.
This lovely range is gentle on even the most sensitive skin. It contains food grade materials and theraputic grade essential oils. So not only do the products smell amazing they also work beautifully.
Available in both lavender & eucalytus these smell amazing.
Gently and effectively cleans leather through a special blend of natural, food-grade leather cleansers and protecting therapeutic grade essentials oils.
- Specially formulated to match the pH of leather.
- Helps prevent mold and mildew.
- One step application. No rinsing or wiping needed.
Also available in lavender & eucalyptus
- Nourishes and protects leather through a special blend of food-grade natural oils, beeswax, and therapeutic grade essential oils.
- Provides a natural barrier to help protect against water damage, mold, and mildew.
They are available in large sizes or a mini lavender set to try out. These are also great at little gifts.
click here to see the range.
Once your tack is beautifully clean make sure you keep it dry & clean with one of our tack bags from Finer Equine. Designed with waterproof covers & breathable fabric to help your tack stay mould free & looking great.
Click HERE to see the Finer Equine range.
Finding the perfect riding boot fit can be tricky! But don’t worry, here is a step by step guide on how to measure up for your Mountain Horse long riding boots.
- Make sure you are wearing your normal riding breeches and socks (or those which you plan to wear under your boots).
2. Stand with your lower leg slight bend forward and ask someone to measure from your heel to the back of your knee.
3. Measure around the widest part of your calf. Take 3 measurments and use the widest one.
4. Watch this video to make sure you have the measurments correct.
5. Look at the following chart for the Sovereigns to find out which fit best suits your measurments (click the image to enlarge it).
6. Decide which boot style you would like.
http://jamarley.com/books/the-planted-series/ Boot Options
buy Pregabalin overnight delivery Sovereigns
The award winning Sovereign long riding boots are a classic from Mountain Horse. Lovely soft leather and gorgeous style. These come in all the sizes on the chart above in either black or brown boots. Click HERE
buy Lyrica mastercard Aurora
The latest range of long riding boots from Mountain Horse. These feature thier new shock absorbing sole system. Great for people who are on thier feet all day or those with hip/knee pain. Cliok HERE.
These come in:
ivermectin buy cheap Sovereign Lux
The Lux Sovereign riding boots have the same style and fit as the Sovereigns but with an added bit of glamour! The faux croc skin around to top is just fab! Click HERE.
These come in:
Questions & Answers
Will the boots drop with wear?
Yes the boots tend to drop about 1cm as the leather softens
What can i do if the boots are too tall?
You can put a Heel Riser into the boot to lift your heel up by 1cm. These are really comfortable and can stay in all the time or come out once the leather drops a bit.
How do i try them on properly once they arrive?
Make sure you stretch out the elastic section at the back of the boot. For a perfect fit this elastic should stay stretched once the boots are done up.
What do i do if my boots get wet?
Make sure you follow these steps to dry your boots carefully and keep them looking and feeling great.
How do i care for my long riding boots?
Keep them clean & conditioned with a leather product that matches the PH of the leather. Also use one that only uses natural ingredients and avoid alcohol, vinegar or glycerine containing products. We recommend the Sterling Essentials range. This range contains only natural beeswax and essential oils which nourish your riding boots. They also remove mould & mildew and help prevent it coming back.
Keep your boots in a dry & warm envirnoment when you are using them, keep them in thier boot bag (which they will come with) and with the inserts in to hold the shape (also included). Click HERE.
If you would like some more help or advice on getting the correct boot fit for you please get in touch and let me know your measurments. [email protected]
Why Is Mould So Bad?
Mould ruins your tack by literally eating away at it, weakening eventually making it useless. Not only that but mould is a health hazard: it is readily made airbourne and can cause respiratory distress to you and your horse.
How Do Your Remove & Prevent It?
How do you remove mould from your saddle, bridle & riding boots? Well the best plan is to avoid mould build up in the first place by cleaning and conditioning your tack after every use. But lets face it that doesn’t always happen! So here are some top tips to get your tack back into top tip condition……
- Dry the leather out in the sunshine first.
- Use a natural cleaning product with essential oils, this will not only kill surface mould but it will penetrate the tack to help prevent future build up. We recommend the Sterling Essentials Cleaner.
- Once your tack is completely clean & dry use a natural conditioner with essential oils & one which matches the PH of the leather. We recommend The Sterling Essentials Conditioner.
- Don’t use vinegar or any harsh chemicals: this may kill the surface mould initially, but it will damage the leather permenantly & likely cause more mould in the future.
- Don’t use a conditioner until the mould has gone & your leather is dry.
- Don’t use any cleaners or conditioners with glycerine. The mould actually likes to feed off gycerine so you will only be helping it grow!
- Avoid any cleaners or conditioners with plastics or alcohol in. These will damage the leather in the long run.
Look After Your Investments!
If you actually work out the value of all your tack you may be supprised how much money you have sitting in your tack room (or your garage!). A saddle can often cost more than a small car! So they are worth looking after well.
There are many tack cleaners out there, but many contain plastics and harsh chemicals which may initially make your tack look clean, but will likely damage your leather in the long run.
We highly recommend the Sterling Essentials range. It is the most natural range we have found that also works. Sterling Essentials is run by a small family in the USA and Boudica are currently the only UK retailers.
Benefits of Sterling Essentials Tack Cleaning Range?
- PH matches that of your leather so it won’t dry or damage the leather.
- Contains only food grade natural essential oils & beeswax. So you know that even the most sensitive horse (and rider!) won’t react to the products.
- Deeply penetrates the leather to clean and condition it, creating a barrier to mould and mildew. Essential in keeping your leather in excellent condition.
- Available in lavander, Eucalyptus & Floral scents so you’ll soon love cleaning your tack!
Find out more about our range from Sterling Essentials by clicking HERE.